Public Speaking and Presenting
A lot of people in business claim they don’t really do presentations. But of course you’re presenting your ideas all the time, usually with a view to influencing others with your message.
- The 60 second summary (Elevator Pitch) at a networking event.
- A conversation where you’re explaining a new concept.
- The 10 minute ‘spotlight’ presentation at the same event.
- A proposal to potential clients.
- A team meeting to introduce a new procedure.
- A ‘pep talk’ to one of your team.
- A seminar presentation on your area of expertise.
All these situations are critical opinion-formers for those you’re connecting with. But why do people struggle here?
- Nerves or inadequate preparation
- Poor interpersonal skills
- A badly structured story (or none at all)
- Unhelpful body language
- Poor vocal delivery
- A me-me-me attitude!
I help people to craft their ‘story’ and deliver it in a compelling way – so it PERSUADES and generates the desired outcome. To some extent, our open Speakeasy Groups helps this process, but sometimes private coaching is necessary. This might be in the form of group workshops or one-to-one sessions.
There’s a greater expectation these days to bring work in through relationship-building, and face-to-face networking is a great way to do this. But it’s very time-consuming, and people often approach it the wrong way.
I’ll work with you and your team to agree an appropriate networking strategy, while developing some core skills in this crucial area. Themes include:
- Where to spend your time networking.
- How to work the room.
- How to start and develop a conversation.
- An understanding of body language and vocal delivery.
- How to spot opportunities.
- How to follow up and build relationships.
- Using Social Media platforms like LinkedIn.
It’s often said that Know, Like, Trust is the bedrock of successful networking. Download this free e-book about the LIKE element of this process.
Private coaching programmes are available in all these areas and can be designed on a bespoke basis, in consultation with Andrew.
For more information on Workshops and Coaching Programmes, Contact Us.